Tuesday, May 03, 2005

OK, here's the Sugar Puddin' story, as promised.

I was outside with the dog when I heard someone say, "Oh my god no! Get back here!" Rusty ran to the side of the house, so I thought it was the boy with the dog that runs loose, being scared because I've threatened to call the dog warden the next time that dog gets anywhere near Rusty. I went to the side of the house, no boy, no dog. I realized it was Dave that had said it, and that he was upstairs.

Then Dave says, "Dani! Sugar's on the roof!" Well, that's not a good thing! Luckily though, it's a flat roof so she didn't go skidding down anywhere. I backed up into the yard so that I could see the window where Dave was, and I see Sugar scrambling to get back in the window. She couldn't get a foothold, so Dave pulled her back in.

Turns out, Dave was upstairs working and had the window open. Sugar is a big fan of sitting in open windows. She's also a big fan of standing on her back legs to reach things between the window and the screen. There was a little hole in the screen, so we figure she was stretching up to play with the torn part, leaned too hard on the screen and fell out.

Dave said she was darting back and forth on the roof, looking over the side, trying to figure out what to do. Apparently she decided that even though she's a very good jumper, she's not good enough to make it through that landing.

I'm sure this story would have been much more amusing had I told it when it happened, as it was fresher, but that's life. Between being grouchy and not feeling like getting online and Dave hogging the computer when I do feel like blogging ... well, obviously, not a lot of posts. I'll try to do better, I promise!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

It's still a funny story! Since I know Sugar (sort of) I can picture her out there all tense and trying to figure out what's worse - jumping or slinking back in the window! Can't wait to hear another one.

Anonymous said...

poor sugar puddin' ... and poor dani. *I* hear the words coming out of your mouth. :)

MB